Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Service Learning: November 5th 2011

Today I worked at The Glass House with a band called The Aquabats!
They were going to be filming for their new TV show, The Aquabats! Super Show, so when we got there at 3 p.m., they already had everything set up. Their television crew had been there since 11 a.m. setting up. They had some awesome lighting going on.
Since everything was already set up and they had their own audio engineer, there wasn't much for us to do. My dad usually just "babysits" when the band has their own engineer. He just makes sure they're familiarized with the system and then lets them do their own thing. We watched them do their soundcheck.
After soundcheck, there really wasn't anything for me to do with my dad, so I worked with Cameron Corp. He's the manager and also the guy I interviewed for my second interview. We looked at all the stuff we would need to go out and buy. He doesn't only buy snacks, but also all the cleaning supplies for the venue. We went to Smart & Final and bought 8 cases of water, some candy, soap for the bathrooms, floor cleaner, nacho chips, monster, gatorade, and ketchup :) When we got back, I made the pretzels and the corn dogs that would be sold. It's 8 p.m. and it's SHOW TIME!


The show went really well. It went about half an hour longer than normal since they were recording for their t.v. show. It was a lot of fun! I didn't get home until almost 1 a.m., but it was worth it!

*Fun Fact* :)
The top selling candy bars at The Glass House are:
-Snickers
-Twix
-Peanut M&M's

No comments:

Post a Comment