Monday, April 23, 2012

Indpendent Component 2

Literal
“I, Roz, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.”
I held an event at The Glass House with 6 hip-hip & techno DJ's.
Independent Component 2 Hours Log

Interpretive
This demonstrates 30 hours of work because I had to first create an event proposal to send to the managers of The Glass House and negotiate a date. I then had to create a flyer and negotiate an amount and price with Colorprise printing. I had 1,000 flyers printed. I went to local high schools and related events and promoted my event by passing out flyers. I managed to get all the DJ's to work for free since I didn't have any money to work with. I had to come up with a budget to work with. I also had to work with Mike Whited, the head of security at The Glass House, to get 2 security guards to work my event.
The day of the show, my mom and I went to Smart & Final to buy snacks and drinks. Unfortunately, I didn't make any money at all. I actually lost money, but I think that's iPoly's fault for not supporting the event and helping promote it. Luckily I had a lot of people that helped me. Thanks to them!
-Jesus Diaz & Kevin Salazar DJ'd. 
-Elijah Robledo & Angel Macias managed the lights
-Josh Salas was my booking agent
- and Brittny Jansen was the only person from the senior class that came and supported the event. 


Applied
My EQ is "What is most important in producing a successful concert?" This event helped me answer that by showing every aspect that goes into holding an event. I basically got to see and proved all of my answers. It definitely proved my best answer by showing me that if you don't promote and aren't supported, then things aren't going to go well. I also got to experience losing money, which was very sad :( but we had a lot of fun and we'll definitely do it again.


Photos:



Event Proposal:

No comments:

Post a Comment